Creating An Application
Now that we have ColdBox installed we can create our application. CommandBox and ColdBox come bundled with some easy to use application templates:
- Advanced : A tag based advanced template
- AdvancedScript : A script based advanced template
- elixir : A ColdBox Elixir based template
- elixir-bower : A ColdBox Elixir + Bower based template
- elixir-vuejs : A ColdBox Elixir + Vue.js based template
- rest : A RESTFul services template
- Simple : A traditional simple template
- SuperSimple : The bare-bones template
All of these templates are stored in our Github organization: coldbox-templates. You can send us pull requests or create more templates if you like.
We will be using the
AdvancedScript template to start. So go again into CommandBox and type:
coldbox create app name=MyApp skeleton=AdvancedScript
This is what it will generate:
+coldbox +config +handlers +includes +interceptors +layouts +lib +models +modules +remote +tests +views + .project +Application.cfc +box.json +favicon.ico +index.cfm +robots.txt
Remember you can use the tab-completion to get all the necessary input and arguments into the commands. You can also use the
app-wizardcommand and CommandBox will prompt for all your options in a nice CLI wizard. Try it!
You can also leverage the
--installColdBoxBEflags to create and install ColdBox in one command.
As you can see it creates all the necessary folders for you to work with. We are now ready to start our application and spice it up.